Gallery Cosplay
Cosplay
Today Cosplay
Cosplay

Monday, March 28, 2011

Cosplayer Ricah Baltazar - "Cosplay: Imitation Is The Greatest Form Of Flattery"



An interesting morning to all of you and I'm glad that we are on the right track to be on the number 1 spot for the line of cosplayer blogging. Also gain my interest today is our featured cosplayer. This Filipina cosplayer really have this distinct attitude and I don't think it's gonna be weird on a reason of dealing with cosplay concept and all that. I guess being on the Top 20 of Cosplay Of The Year Award is truly astounding on the level of concept and portraying. She called herself as Snowfallslasher but I want to call her on her real name and that's Ricah Baltazar. Here's our short chit-chat with her. :)






Q: Can you introduce yourself to your fans (Name, Location and your Age)?
A: Name: Ricah Baltazar (Snowfallslasher)
Location: Las Pinas, if not in some bizarre fantasy world created by a mash up of Disney, Jim Henson, and Tim Burton films.
Age: My brain is eternally 12


Q: On your own words, what is cosplay/cosyplaying? What inspires you to do cosplay and when did you start cosplaying?
A: Imitation is the greatest form of flattery, and that’s basically what cosplay is. Cosplaying is giving tribute to a fictional character you have fallen in love it, whether it be from a Japanese Anime or a popular Western film.


I started cosplaying when a Final Fantasy clan member showed me photos of her Faye cosplay (that was the time when TV Cable chatlinks had more than just kinky ads for “hot one night stands”). I’ve been a gamer geek since my dad introduced us to the FamiCom, and have always thought video game characters had the coolest clothes. Even if I had not found the hobby, I probably would have had costumes made for sheer geek-awesomeness factor.


I get inspired to cosplay when I find characters I am extremely fond of. It gives me a glimpse of what it would be like to step into the character’s shoes. In turn, I get to promote the character, and show others what makes him/her cool. 


Q: Can you enumerate all of the cosplay acts that you have done? As for you, what's your best cosplay act for your entire career?
A: In no particular order:
1. Testament - Guilty Gear
2. Klaha - Malice Mizer (Bara no Seidou concert)
3. Klaha - Garnet video
4. Kurai - Angel Sanctuary
5. A.B.A. - Guilty Gear
6. Cossette - Le Portrait de Petit Cossette
7. Asura Zanmaden - Samurai Spirits
8. Amy Sorel - Soul Calibur 3
9. Tira - SC3
10. Harle - Chrono Cross
11. Amy Sorel - SC4
12. Will of the Abyss - Pandora Hearts
13. Momohime - Oboro Muramasa. 


My costumes gradually improve, as I continue to learn new things from the hobby.


My best would be either Amy Sorel (SC4) or Momohime. I really tried to make them accurate as possible. They were tough to make, but it is so worth it. Nothing boosts my cosplay ego better than searching Google for their names + the word “cosplay”, and seeing my photos being the first to pop-out of the search. Not that I’m arrogant, but I love the fact that fellow fans of the character appreciate my portrayal.






Q: Some expectation this 2011?
A: A lot of big projects. I plan on doing a major cosplay Photoshoot of Myobi (Alichino) some time this April (I’m looking for a Ryoko, btw). And I’m excited for our group cosplay.


Q: It's time for promotion so if you have fan page, twitter, or any social networking sites, just share it here. Also contact no. (if ever)
A: Dev Art: http://micahmidnight.deviantart.com/
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/klaha.niikura
My BJDs Website: http://houseofnoblerose.multiply.com/


For all the readers of this blog, please support her as we support her on her venture to be on the top of the line when it comes to cosplaying. I guess she have this aura of becoming a popular cosplayer. Also thank you Cosplayer Ricah for the trust that you gave us and for the chance to be featured here at Cosplayer Studio.


No comments:

Post a Comment