Gallery Cosplay
Cosplay
Today Cosplay
Cosplay

Friday, March 25, 2011

Would you wear your costume out?

Haven't done discussion entries like this in a while but this is pretty interesting. So recently, I was craving for some cool bubble tea and decided to pop into the nearest store to get my craving fixed. What greeted me as soon as I stepped in was this….

231120102593



Which reminded me of this picture a friend sent me ages ago.
IMAG0122-1
Add caption

And she couldn't stop expressing her disbelief while filling me with details of how everyone was gawking at the girl.
So opens the question, would you wear your costumes (wigs, clothes, boots etcs) out for NON cosplay purpose? Has anyone tried it before? How did it felt? What made you feel like wearing it out?
Personally, I haven't done it much. Except for maybe, wearing a casual portion of the costume before or after the photo shoot/event. But I usually do that for convenience sake. It would be really cool if your costume had certain parts in them that would look blend in as a fashion accessory.
Add caption
But personally, I haven't come across any costume that would escape looking awkward in the crowds of normal humans except for maybe NaNa. So, unless you can really work the outfit, I don't recommend wearing your costumes out for normal usage. Not so much of a '” it’s spoiling the character!” reason but because... it is usually a fashion disaster =/
But that's just me. How do you feel? Hmm... okay, on second thoughts... I think I might have been guilty of this act too.
http://newcosplay.blogspot.com/
My most notable achievement was going out in my almost full Kinomoto Sakura movie 2 costume to catch a bus to some event. Can't remember what event that was.

Went home in this 2 uniforms before because I was too lazy to change out

No comments:

Post a Comment