Gallery Cosplay
Cosplay
Today Cosplay
Cosplay

Monday, March 21, 2011

Cosplayer Nikki Gevaña On Her Art - My Way To Cosplay Stardom



Hello Cosplayer Studio readers, one of the best things about having a blog is you'll need to think of the topic that may be interesting to the eyes of the readers and making sure that they will come back when they read the current article that you publish. What is the sense of this statement to my blog post? Well, nothing. (just kiddin'). Anyway, another featured cosplayer is now loading, her name is Nikki Gevaña. A Saint Benilde graduate on a course of BA Production Design. I don't have much information why she took that course but I guess it's an advantage for her right now coz' she's cosplayin' and for what I think, she is the head chief of all her cosplay costumes that includes the design and something like that. What thrills my interest is her attitude. Well being bubbly is okay but being bully... zzz.... (kiddin' :P). Well here's our short interview of her and hope you like it.






Q: Can you introduce yourself to your fans (Name, Location and your Age)?
A: Hi! Im Nikki Gevaña, 21 years old from Laguna. ^^


Q: On your own words, what is cosplay/cosyplaying? What inspires you to do cosplay and when did you start cosplaying?
A: Cosplay is a hobby wherein a person dresses up in a certain kind of costume & portrays that character's personality & actions. Its like allowing yourself to transform into a whole new persona.


I've been cosplaying since the year 2007. What inspires me the most about cosplay is its craft in which I could continuously use my creativity and passion in costume and props making. Since I am also a graduate of Production Design in DLS-CSB, I could also apply here the teachings that I've acquired before as a student.


Q: Can you enumerate all of the cosplay acts that you have done? As for you, what's your best cosplay act for your entire career?
A: Some character's that I portrayed these previous years were: Haruhi Suzumiya, Black Rock Shooter, Hatsune Miku & Lily (Vocaloid), Chii & Freya (Chobits), Ringo & Mikan Noyamano (Air Gear), Hagumi Hanamoto (Honey and Clover), Ranka Lee & Klan Klang (Macross Frontier) and Juri Han (SSF4).


People actually recognize me before because of my Haruhi Suzumiya cosplay. She's not really my favorite character but I enjoyed portraying her since we have so many things alike especially in our personality.


Q: Some expectation this 2011?
A: I would be focusing more on my businesses this year but I'll still try to push through the variety of characters under manga, anime & games that I have lined up for cosplay plans.


Q: It's time for promotion so if you have fan page, twitter, or any social networking sites, just share it here. Also contact no. (if ever)
A: You could watch me on my Deviant Art account (http://www.n1k3.deviantart.com/) and like my Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nikki-Gevana/173311099362208) where I post and update my cosplay portfolio. I also have my online store in multiply, U-Nik Nails Boutique (http://www.uniknails.multiply.com/), which offers various products and services to fashionistas, otaku fans and cosplayers all over the country. If you need any of your costumes or props made, you can easily contact me there, I could help you guys out.




I guess we need a part two on this one coz' I'm waiting for some highlight questions (Well too dumb on me coz' I've been the one who created all of the questions). I hope I can catch her on Toycon 2011 if she's coming. But I guess as a cosplayer, you will never gonna miss a big event like that. Before I end up the article, I just want to thank Nikki Gevaña for the interest of being one of the featured cosplayers here in Cosplayer Studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment